Junk and Bulk Trash Disposal – Friday, May 20, 2016 – Sunday, May 22, 2016.
Junk is collected 3 times a year in the Urban Services District, the former City of Louisville boundaries (map).
Project Pickup collection and setout dates
- If you live in the Urban Services District (the former City of Louisville boundaries – map), click here to enter your address and find your dates and sign up for reminders.
Project Pickup Guidelines
What to set out when, where and how:
- Near but clearly separated from usual trash collection point
- Before 6 AM on Monday of collection week but no earlier than 4 PM on the Friday before collection week. Civil penalties from $100 to $1000 per day apply to each violation, as well as criminal prosecution and cost of cleanup.
- Bundle small items or put them in plastic bags loaded weight below 60 pounds. Do not use garbage cans or cardboard boxes.
- Tree branches and brush limited to 4 inches in diameter. They must be no more than four foot long and must be separated from other items
- Doors must be removed from large appliances such as refrigerators and freezers.
- No more than four tires per residence.
What not to set out:
- Items gathered from other locations or households
- No dirt, gravel or construction or demolition debris.
- No auto parts.
- No computer equipment. (See Electronics Recycling for environmentally friendly disposal.)
- No hazardous materials such as motor oil, batteries, paint, gasoline, antifreeze, pool chemicals or lawn chemicals. (Those may be disposed of through Haz-Bin).
Tires and appliances with Freon® will be collected separately from other items, and sometimes on different days, during your collection week, If they are not collected by Friday, phone MetroCall at 311 or 574.5000.