Labor Day Weekend in Louisville
Mayor Fischer announced plans for the Labor Day weekend at the Belvedere at last Friday’s press conference. Watch the full coverage from MetroTV here.
It’s finally time for the 16th annual WorldFest – Friday, August 31 through Monday, September 3! This international festival features 3 stages with more than 70 entertainment acts, as well as 40 food and 60 craft vendors. You can shop, eat and dance your way around the world – one weekend right here in Downtown Louisville. For information and to view the entertainment lineup, go to worlfestlouisville.com. WorldFest is a free event because of our outstanding sponsors: Passport Health Plan, KY Lottery, Stella Artois, ValuMarket Supermarket, Confucius Institute at Western Kentucky University, University of Kentucky Confucius Institute, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, CareSource, Ford Motor Company, Papa Murphy’s Pizza & Louisville Tourism.
After celebrating Louisville’s diversity, you can head to the Great Lawn Monday, September 3 for the 28th Subway Fresh Fit Hike, Bike & Paddle! This free, community event is a perfect way to get out and get active. Fitness activities start the day at 8 a.m. with the hike, bike & paddle rides starting at 10 a.m. More information and route maps can be found at hikebikeandpaddle.org. Special thanks to our sponsors for keeping this event free for the public: Subway, Coca Cola Bottling Company Consolidated, Norton Sports Health, Neil Huffman Subaru and Academy Sports + Outdoors.
- WorldFest – Friday, August 31 – Monday, September 3, Belvedere
- Fleur de Flea Vintage Urban Market – Saturday, September 1 from 9 am to 5 pm, Waterfront Park
- Republic Bank First Friday Hop – Friday, September 7, Downtown
- Louisville Highlands Festival – Saturday, September 8 from 1 pm to 11 pm, 900 Block Baxter Avenue
- 9/11 Salute to Our Heroes – Tuesday, September 11 at 6 pm, 4th Street Live!
- Give for Good Louisville – Thursday, September 13, Community Foundation of Louisville
- Louisville Pride Color Cruise – Be Bold In Blue – Thursday, September 13 at 7 pm, Belle of Louisville
Music, Arts & Sciences
- Four Roses Bourbon Rock The Water Tower – Saturday, September 1 and Sunday, September 2, Louisville Water Tower
- University of Louisville Dance Academy – Saturday, September 1 at 7 pm, Iroquois Amphitheater
- Mayor’s Music & Art Series ft. Mama Said String Band – Thursday, September 6 at noon, Jefferson Square Park
- PeteFest Music Festival – Friday, September 7 & Saturday, September 8, Jones Field
- Big Four Arts Festival – Saturday, September 8 & Sunday, September 9, Waterfront Park
- WAKY Rock n’ Roll Reunion – Saturday, September 8 from noon to 5 pm, Louisville Zoo
- KMAC Poetry Slam – Tuesdays at 7 pm, Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft
- National Jug Band Jubilee – Saturday, September 15 at noon, Waterfront Park
- Film Favorites: Music of John Williams at the Lo Pops – Saturday, September 15 at 8 pm, Louisville Palace
- Neo Soul Jazz Night – Saturday, September 15 at 8 pm, Copper & Kings
Food & Food
Sports & Health
- Derby City BMX Nationals – Friday, August 31 – Sunday, September 2, E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park
- Subway Fresh Fit Hike, Bike & Paddle – Monday, September 3 from 8 a.m. to noon, Great Lawn at Waterfront Park
- Slow Roll with Louisville Cycling and Triathlon – Monday, September 3 and September 10 at 6 pm, Red Square by the Ville Grill
- Waterfront Yoga – Tuesday, September 4 and September 11 at 7 pm, Brown-Forman Amphitheater
- Bike to Beat Cancer – Saturday, September 8 at 6:30 am, 4960 Norton Healthcare Blvd.
- U of L Cardinal Cup – Saturday, September 8, Fort Duffield Mountain Bike Track
- Hub City Tour with Central Kentucky Wheelmen – Saturday, September 8 at 8 am, 218 Helm Street
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s® Louisville – Saturday, September 8 at 8:30 am, Waterfront Park
- Louisville Pure Tap 5K – Saturday, September 8 at 9 am, Louisville Water Tower
- Team Hope Walk for Huntington’s Awareness – Sunday, September 9 at 4 pm, Waterfront Park
- Bike the Bluegrass – Saturday, September 15 at 8 am, General Butler State Resort Park
- MDA Muscle Walk of Louisville – Saturday, September 15 at 11 am, Waterfront Park
- Fleur de Lis Regatta – Saturday, September 15 & Sunday, September 16, Waterfront Park
- Hal and Ben’s Bike-In – Saturday, September 15 at 5 pm, Central Park
Please see the links below for other events and venues: