Develop Louisville will hold nine open house forums for the public to view the work completed to date on the Comprehensive Plan update and provide feedback. Develop Louisville encourages all residents to attend the forums, particularly those who have not yet participated in the Comprehensive Plan update process
“The Comprehensive Plan will shape our city’s growth for the next 20 years, therefore we are soliciting broad and diverse input to help create the plan,” Mayor Greg Fischer said. “I encourage residents from all neighborhoods of our city to attend a forum and share your thoughts on the future of our community.”
Forum locations, dates and times are as follows:
- Monday, May 22: Main Library (301 York Street) from 4-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 24: Southwest Library (9725 Dixie Highway) from 6-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 30: Bowman Field (2815 Taylorsville Road) from 6-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 31: Sawyer Hayes Community Center (2201 Lakeland Road) from 6-8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 3: The Table (1800 Portland Avenue) from 9-11 a.m.
- Monday, June 5: Fern Creek High School (9115 Fern Creek Road) from 6-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 6: The Jeffersonian (10617 Taylorsville Road) from 6-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 7: Shively Community Center (1902 Park Rd) from 6-8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 17: Sir Friendly C Community Center (822 S 15th Street) from 1-4 p.m.
The Comprehensive Plan will guide the growth of the community for the next 20 years and serves as the basis for land use and transportation policies. This update will build upon the success of Cornerstone 2020, the current comprehensive plan, and will be informed by recent planning initiatives, including Vision Louisville, Move Louisville, Healthy Louisville 2020, and Sustain Louisville.
To date, the Comprehensive Plan team has held or been a part of over 100 meetings and events to gather input from the community. Examples of outreach include meetings with an Advisory Committee, work groups, suburban communities, neighborhood groups and business organizations.
For information on the Comprehensive Plan, please visit https://louisvilleky.gov/government/planning-design/comprehensive-plan